Do you feel that some people are just too much for you?
We all aspire to be our best selves, but sometimes it feels like there are things beyond our control that push us over the edge.
Some of these things are people that we have to do with.
Christmas is just around the corner and it can be the worst time of the year for many of my clients.
They have to attend Christmas parties and get triggered by people who are trying to drag them down.
Before you read any further, check in with yourself right now and think of the people you spend most of your time with.
- Do they always find something to complain about?
- Do they love drama?
- Are they always blaming everyone else for their lack or results?
- Do they criticize you and undermine your confidence?
- Are they dream destroyers?
These are called toxic people.
Did you know you become like the 5 people you hang around with the most?
Now it is impossible to completely free yourself from toxic people.
Some of these people might be your relatives, co-workers, a parent, child or spouse.
But you must shield yourself from their negativity.
Here are a few things you can do to shield yourself:
- Do a meditation practice every day, either by yourself or in a group, or in nature. Meditation is like a cleansing shower for your brain and nervous system.
- Imagine yourself being surrounded by a giant eggshell of white light. All the negativity and destructive energy just bounces off the outer boundary and your internal space remains protected.
- You can (re)build your self-esteem and restore a stronger connection with your higher self by having sessions with me. I clear up your energy blocks and give you the resilience to bounce back quicker.
- You can dance to you favourite music, feeling into your emotional body and allow any stresses and pain to move through you and out.
- Keep a journal handy and write about your reactions and interactions so you gain clarity about yourself.
Negative energy won’t stick to you when you have healthy levels of self-love.
The problem is that the average person is very low on self-love so let me unpack that a bit.
We all need love, whether we deserve it or not.
I consider love separately from emotion.
Love itself is life, a powerful intangible force that is capable of transforming reality as we know.
Unconditional love is the best cancer cure, money cure, relationship cure, spiritual disconnect cure and it transforms poisons into live-giving-substances.
The trick here is not to wait for love to happen, but to practice giving it to yourself.
Our body feels loved when we hug, hold or caress it, that is how we show it love, or that it is lovable.
Committing to loving yourself is half the journey of restoring happiness and creating relationships where you feel safe and honoured.
Tune in to my video today where I take you through a practice of self directed love and protection.
I am here to help you!
Talk to my friendly team on 03 6428 3007 or click here to book an online appointment.