There are two kinds of people in the world.
People who see obstacles and people who see opportunity.
The people who see opportunities will create more opportunities and enjoy more successes.
Most of us are somewhere in between these two groups.
But there is one thing we all have in common!
Our first reaction in the face of insecurity and change is fear.
- Fear of being unable to get what we want.
- Fear of losing what we have.
- Fear of losing control.
- Fear of embarrassment or being shamed.
- Fear of dying.
- Fear is created by our mind/ego, by the programming of our nervous system from our ancestors, and society.
- Fear is an illusion.
Sometimes we experience the truth of who we are in the most shocking moments.
I had an epiphany of my own Essence when I got hit by a truck and left my body for a few moments.
Once I was outside my nervous system, I experienced a state of bliss and inner peace.
I had reconnected to the field of infinite acceptance and unconditional love.
We all come from this place and we will return to it.
I am happy to inform you that there are no obstacles in that space.
I received a new perspective on life, and this perspective supported me all through my recovery from near-fatal injuries.
Having a new perspective on life is different from having all the answers.
Sometimes we believe that if only I was smart enough, or got another degree, or worked harder, I will be more successful and at peace.
When in reality, all you need is a shift in perspective.
And you don’t need to die first to receive this perspective.
You can gain a completely new perspective by dropping into your core essence.
Wisdom always dwells there.
The answers you are looking for are waiting to be found in this place.
So the first step in overcoming fear, and beginning to see opportunities rather than obstacles, is to receive a change in the way you perceive your life.
A shift in perspective is always accompanied by a shift in your body chemistry.
That means you will experience a positive change on a cellular level.
Your body will begin to pump out serotonin and dopamine, the love and peace hormones.
Here are the steps:
First of all, think about something that stresses or scares you.
The obstacle could be as big as WW3, or as small as a sore bunion, or a bill you need to pay and you don’t have the money.
Find a quiet place where nobody disturbs you and begin to take a few deep cleansing breaths.
1) Notice exactly where in your body you feel some fear. Feel the exact spot, and notice the size, shape, colour, and temperature. Picture it as energy and stick with only one area of your body at the time.
2) Visualize a warm glow of energy located above the top of your head. This is your own essence.
3) Picture your fear traveling upwards into your essence and being transmuted into calm and peaceful energy. Alternatively, you can visualize the light of your essence traveling down into your body and meeting, dissolving, and uncreating your fear, as an Aspirin tablet dissolves in water.
4) See the light of your essence grow stronger and more radiant and allow it to travel all the way through the back of your body into your feet and into mother earth.
5) Nurture the idea of a carefree easy life.
6) Continue to see the flow of your own essence traveling up and down your spine, continually refreshing your energy supply.
7) Allow this energy to revitalize every cell of your body.
You can cement these positive shifts into your nervous system by journaling/reflective writing.
Reflective writing really shows you where you put your focus and it’s a great way to really get to know yourself.
Remember that what we think about, we bring about.
- What we say, is a declaration to ourselves and the Universe of what we want more of.
- What we speak out loud is what we speak into our lives.
If we focus on obstacles and speak about them, we bring those obstacles into our reality.
I have received many gifts, opportunities, and miracles in my life because I focussed on what I wanted and gave words to my heart’s desires, and spoke them out loud.
The Universe is your silent witness and will give you more of what you focus on, think about, speak into, and write about.