Recently, I participated in a ten-day healing retreat (over zoom).
Two days into the retreat, I began to experience excruciating nerve pain in my lower back and inside my pelvis.
I immediately knew what it was: some of my paralyzed nerves are waking up, sixteen years after being hit by a truck.
As most of you know, in 2006, I was struck down by a passing truck, while I was getting into my parked van.
I was left with many injuries, including nerve damage to the lower part of my body.
I needed a permanent colostomy bag and a catheter.
The prognosis was not good.
The injured nerves were as good as dead, I was told, and I just had to learn to live with partial paralysis.
I never paid any attention to what I was told by the doctors.
Instead, I made the decision to trust my body, and never look back.
As you can tell from my story, the healing never stops, it is ongoing.
Scientists already know that your body is constantly changing.
Your skin is renewed every month, your stomach lining is replaced every 3 days, your eyeballs are renewed every 48 hours, your liver is new every 6 weeks and your entire skeleton is replaced constantly.
The good news is that you can participate in your own healing process and assist your body to heal faster.
The sad news is that most people don’t believe in their own bodies healing abilities.
They give up too soon.
Did you know that your body is a feedback system?
It is always sending us messages, but we are distracted or tuned out, so we miss the message, often until it is too late.
Something happens that forces us to stop, sit up, and listen.
Can you relate to this?
Today, I want to show you a 8 steps you must take for healing to happen.
1. Healing always begins with a decision to become well, and then you need to commit yourself to this journey.
You can’t be haphazard about it.
2. Then you need to connect with your feelings and sensations inside your body.
(This can be intense and scary, because we need to face a truth we have been in denial about, and it might open the floodgates of sadness, fear or anger).
In order to heal, you have to feel.
And, what you resist, persists.
3. As you notice what you are feeling, and keep paying attention, you might begin to receive messages and wisdom from your body.
4. You don’t make have to make the healing happen, you just need to allow the flow of energy to travel through your body.
This means, let the feelings come up, notice them, and let them pass through you.
5. The more you allow to feel and release, the calmer you feel.
6. Once you start feeling calm, you become aware that there is a Divine intelligence that is working through you and healing your body.
7. This Divine Energy can be felt like a warm tingly feeling, as it melts away old energy blocks and stagnant negative energy.
8. After a healing session (whether you do it by yourself, or with the help of a healer) you will be surprised how light you feel.
It is almost as if you are weightless, and that’s because you have let go of burdens you didn’t even know you carried.
In this video, I am going to show you some steps that I used in my recovery process.
I encourage you to go along with me as I take you through these steps.
Your body will thank you for it!
To book a session with me, ring 03 64283007 or click here to book online.